College and Graduate Students
Times of Transition
College and graduate students are going through intense times of change and transition. Now, you are making greater commitments to yourself and your future, and moving out into the world.
In college, your schedule isn’t as structured as in high school, and you have to manage your time and organize your tasks in a new way. You need to be much more self-reliant.
In graduate school, you may also be juggling your education with family and work obligations. In addition, there may be a lot of competition in your field.
If you are an international student, you face even greater challenges, especially in writing your thesis or dissertation.
Career Coaching for College and Graduate Students
Together we can work to design actions, structures, skills, and strategies to enable you to accomplish your academic objectives and navigate a path forward.
A coach will also help you focus on your strengths and find your own best ways of working so that you can stay on track. In addition to regular coaching sessions, you may check in via email, text, or brief phone calls.
We will focus on your study options, whether that means selecting a major, deciding whether to apply to graduate schools, choosing a thesis topic, or knowing what kind of work you want to pursue and where you want to live.
But with a coach, you can discuss any area of your life. Topics may include academic work, ways to maintain focus and attention, organization, study and writing strategies, relationships, health and wellness, and career options.
Benefits of Coaching
Some of the specific ways coaching can be beneficial are:
- Planning, prioritizing, and organizing your study time and class work. Establishing goals, action steps, and deadlines.
- Cultivating your own unique talents and gifts.
- Scheduling long term assignments, papers, and theses, and breaking down large projects into manageable pieces.
- Managing the research, writing, and editing of your papers.
- Maintaining a balance between work, study, and free time.
- Learning about mindfulness and focusing skills to improve how you study and learn, and to manage stress.
- Planning future studies or work options.
Client Stories or Getting Started.
If you think coaching might be helpful for you, please contact me for a complimentary phone or Skype session, in which we can discuss your needs and I can answer all of your questions. I look forward to hearing from you!